Fashion in Opera Part II: Stylish Divos

Oh men! In the second post I’d like to share my thoughts with you about male fashion in the opera world. Now I understand why this topic is not so popular for discussing as men’s wear…let’s say… is not as various as women’s. It’s hard for them to stand out. And to be honest, they don’t want to, they appreciate practicality of their clothes, basic colors like white, black. I’ve picked 4 singers to my taste who look great almost every time I see them!
Let’s start with low voices:)

Ildar Abdrazakov is a bass whom I adore (you know it if you read my blog for a while) and he has a good sense of style. Ildar often mixes white shirts with black/grey vests that accentuates his masculinity and a bright smile:).  And I definitely can’t speak rationally when this famous bass wears suits!  



The rock star of opera is, of course, Dmitri Hvorostovsky. In his adolescence he was in a real rock band!!! Maybe this fact explains his love to jeans and leather jackets. He always tries to keep fit, so such a casual style is ideal for him!



Let’s move on to tenors!

Vittorio Grigolo knows how to look fashionable (as he was born in Italy)! Like Ildar he prefers white/black/grey clothes. The combination of a white shirt and light shorts highlights his tan skin tone. One of my favorite pieces of wardrobe is coats. That’s why I always notice a person when he or she wears an elegant coat. And here I can’t ignore his good coat choice as well!



Piotr Beczala is a singer whose style has changed a lot. Few years ago, he could be seen in usual clothes of dark colors, nothing extraordinary...but now Piotr seems to experiment more with clothes. He often chooses bright outfits, bold scarfs, stylish boots etc! And I guess his wife helps him to match it altogether:). Keep it up, Piotr!



Leave your comments below! I’d like to know your opinion about that. What singers do you consider to be the most fashionable nowadays?

P.S. I do not own these photo materials.
Photos by D. Kochetkov, Orenburg Philarmonic, Shamil Abdushev, Pablo Frisk, Tamara HamitsevichVittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images Europe, Rovigooggi, Piotr Beczala Facebook Page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opera Challenge

Favorite Mezzo!